The upside of Covid-19 is that there are lots of learning opportunities and TPD online webinars that we can attend from the comfort of our device (home/class). We don’t have to miss out due to time and travel cost and to top it all, most of them are free for teachers. I will try to keep this post updated with the latest offerings, but if you know of some please add them to the webinar and eventing forum or comment below.
- The Anywhere School – A global back to school event from Google
This year we experienced educational disruption at a scale we’ve never seen before. While back to school will look different, we are excited to invite you to The Anywhere School, a global online event by Google, to celebrate educators and explore the future of education with thought-provoking panels, keynotes, product announcements, live demos, and more. Tune in live to globally-relevant content hosted by countries from across the world or watch any of the sessions on demand.
When: August 11 from 20:00 – 22:30 or August 12 from 12:00 – 2:30
- Education Conversations Webinar
Thursday the 9th of July 2020. Be a part of the conversation as we look at ways of Bridging The Digital Gap In The Times Of COVID 19.
Dr Francois Naude will lead the conversation on Adapting to Online Learning and Teaching, While Dr Shafika Isaacs takes the lead on Ways To Enable Learning During COVID 19.
Cost: Free Date: 9th July 2020 Who Bridge & Kagiso Trust
RSVP here: https://bit.ly/3eWjwc5
- Sharp Maths Calculator webinar
Date: 14 July More info
- Virtual iPad Education Summit – High School
Have you got an iPad and don’t know what you can do with it in teaching? It has gone virtual this year and you can register in groups for just R250 per person. This is an unbeatable offer! Please consider signing up and joining in to what will undoubtedly prove to be some of the best days of professional development you can have in Zoom.
- Great international and local presenters sharing their skills and knowledge.
- Date: 16 July 2020 Time: 14:30 – 17:00
- Cost: R250-R400 per person Where: Online
- The Teachers Matter Online Summit™ for Teachers, Principals & Educators|
RENEW Your Pedagogy
REFRESH Your Leadership
REVIVE Your Wellbeing
Join 27 national and international leading experts, from both in and out of the classroom. Learn practical tips and ideas that will have both you and your students thriving!
- Date: Friday July 17th – Sunday July 19th 2020
- Cost: Free Where: Online
- VKO-Webinaarreeks | Webinar Registration
Dis die eerste van ‘n reeks van 4 webinare oor dieWelstand van Opvoeders. | This is the first of a series of 4 webinars about the Wellness of Educators.
- Terugvoer oor die resultate van die Welstandvan Onderwysers se aanlynopname | Feedback on the survey: 13/07/2020 – 15:00(Marietjie le Roux@saou)
- Die Veerkragtigheidskode: Ontdek die geheim vanfloreer vs oorleef | The resilience code – discover the secret of thriving vssurviving: 14/07/2020 – 15:00 (Doné van Wyk@realbrilliance)
- Discipline: COVID-19 survival kit for educators: 16/07/2020 – 15:00 (BrigitteShort@positivebehaviour)
- Versorg jou waardevolste besitting – die kunsvan selfbestuur: 20/072020 – 16:00 (Johan Smith@Vitaamp)
Courses and Moocs
- Teaching Remotely: A Practical Guide (MOOC course)
Over seven weeks, we will cover best practices, resources, and strategies to set your Remote Learning classroom up for success while providing you plenty of opportunities to brainstorm and share with colleagues. We will be providing specific focus throughout the course on supporting students with limited connectivity and for students with learning differences and other unique needs. These strategies will be focused beyond the COVID-19 crisis and will support you in bringing remote learning to your classroom whenever it is needed. At the end of the course, you will develop an action plan for your Remote Learning Classroom.
Cost: Free Who: Friday Foundation Where: Online
- Become a Master Trainer for an International Accredited Course!
The Commonwealth Digital Education Leadership Training in Action (C-DELTA) is a programme designed to promote a digital education environment. The goal is to develop leaders who can demonstrate how to use ICTs effectively and influence others around them to use digital technology appropriately and effectively for learning (and earning) and support sustainable development.
Format: Course Cost: Free Where: Online
- COVID-19 Classroom Readiness for Schools
Cost: Free Where: Online Format: Self paced course
Who: Matthew Gonive School of Leadership
- Study Unit 1: Overview of COVID-19
- Study Unit 2: How to protect yourself and others
- Study Unit 3: Preparing the classroom
- Study Unit 4: Dealing with Stigma around COVID-19
- Study Unit 5: Teaching in proximity
- Study Unit 6: Reading on Occupational Health directives
Past Webinar/Seminar recordings
- Kahoot! EDU Summit